The Board of Education, working together with the staff, developed a model for student success. These are goals we are striving to attain as we train minds, shape hearts, and transform lives to engage the world with Christ. They include:
Biblical Worldview Development
- – Understand the worth of every human being as created in the image of God and treat people with respect, dignity, grace and truth.
- – Understand that work has dignity as an expression of the nature of God, and that any work done as unto the Lord is an act of worship.
- – Understand that all thoughts and choices have consequences, some positive, some negative.
- – Have developed a hunger for God and His Word.
Academic Intellectual Development
- – Are well prepared in all academic disciplines.
- – Are skilled in reading, writing, speaking, listening and thinking.
- – Are proficient in mathematics, science and problem solving.
- – Have knowledge and understanding of people, events and movements in history and the cultures of other people and places.
- – Appreciate the literature and the arts and understand how they express and shape their beliefs and values.
- – Have a critical appreciation of languages and cultures of other people.
- – Have the ability and desire to investigate and find information and answers to questions on their own.
- – Know how to utilize resources including technology to find, analyze and evaluate information.
- – Respect and relate appropriately with integrity to the people with whom they work, play and live, as demonstrated by how each treats others.
- – Have the ability to present ideas and research in visual and/or auditory format with clarity and quality.
- – Treat their bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit through decisions about nutrition, fitness and lifestyle.
What people are saying
“Christ Lutheran is a very caring, welcoming school with highly experienced, great teachers.”
“The entire faculty and staff are fully committed to each child receiving the individualized attention necessary for success and to providing a solid foundation in moral values and character development.”
“This school has a very high level of education. All the staff treat each child like family. We love the way they teach about the love of God.”
“Christ Lutheran makes you feel like family.”
“A great education in a Christian setting!”
“Great academics with influence on religion, my kids are now in high school and are advanced in their academics. In respect to religion they are a year advanced when it comes to their Catholic catechism classes. Instead of 2 years to complete the classes it took them 1 year. Sports programs are a great start as well.”
“Christ Lutheran School offers a Christ-centered education which in our view is the most important gift a parent can give a child.”
“We have great teachers who are dedicated to helping students grow spiritually, mentally and emotionally. The school has a well rounded program.”
“Christ Lutheran offered me a loving and Christ-centered environment from preschool to 8th grade. The staff taught me the importance of faith while still teaching the curriculum with as much experienece as teachers from the public schools. The rigors of Christ Lutheran prepared me not only academically but also spiritually for my walk in faith throughout high school and through the rest of my life.”
“The atmosphere of the school embodies what it means to be a Christian. The faculty, staff, etc., are all very friendly and interactive. The importance of learning in a Christian environment while being safe is what CLS embodies.”
“I feel our school offers a very good education and that the teachers all care about their students and give the individual attention needed to help their students do their best. I also like that Christ is the center of everything.”
“The teachers, students, and staff are all amazing. Everyone there is truly there to help every child learn and be successful. I also like that the student to teacher ratio is smaller. Above all, Christ is taught in school!!!”
“We love that our son is known by the teachers and gets more one on one attention from them. I like the Christian environment as well.”
“I love the small classes, emphasis on the church, inclusion of art, PE, computers, etc. My son has had great teachers who truly care about the kids and what is best for them.”
“Christ Lutheran provides a quality education, a small teacher to student ratio, christian atmosphere, and many recreational activities at the school.”
“I Love the strength of the math and science programs, religious programs, and small class sizes. There is no fear of harassment or bullying, and I love knowing my kids are in very safe hands.”
“Christ Centered! The education both my alumni and current student have/are receiving exceeds expectations.”
“Christian based education. Close knit school. Well rounded students and faculty.”
“…Teacher to student ratio and compassion and care from all staff. It feels like they enjoy being at work, working together and guiding our children on a day to day basis.”