Our Statement of Faith
- – We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God, inerrant in the original manuscripts: II Timothy 3:16; John 10:35; II Peter 1:21.
- – We believe the inerrancy of Scripture embraces not only religious truth, but also the Bible’s scientific, historical and literary features: II Corinthians 10:5; Colossians 2:8; II Peter 3:15-16; Romans 3:4.
- – We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit: Matthew 28:19;1 Corinthians 8:4; Genesis 1:26.
- – We believe that creation was an act of God as described in Genesis chapters 1-2, and not the result of evolution, theistic or otherwise: Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 11:3; Psalm 33:6
- – We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father: John 5:23, 14:6; Acts 4:12.
- – We believe Jesus will one day return to earth in all of His glory and power and that Judgment Day will come suddenly and unexpectedly: 2 Peter 3:10; Mark 13:32; Acts 1:11; I Thessalonians 4:16-18; Matthew 24.
- – We believe all mankind is born in sin; by nature man is spiritually blind, dead and an enemy of God, condemned to eternal damnation outside of Christ: Psalm 51:5; Romans 3:23
- – We believe the world has been reconciled to God through the death and resurrection of Jesus, and all sins have been forgiven through Him. God no longer holds our sins against us, but has declared us righteous: 2 Corinthians 5:19; Romans 4:25
- – We believe that for the salvation of lost sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. Coming to faith in Christ is entirely the work of the Holy Spirit, not by some “decision” or “experience” by man. Conversion is worked by the Gospel and Holy Baptism. Salvation comes though grace, for while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us: I Peter 1:23; John 3:5-6; John 3:16; Romans 5:8.
- – We believe the Holy Spirit works through the power of the Word of God in Baptism where He creates faith, washes away sins, saves, all as His gracious work: John 3:5-6; Acts 22:16; I Peter 3:21
- – We believe Holy Communion (Our Lord’s Supper) is Christ’s true Body and Blood, really present in the bread and wine, for the forgiveness of sins: Matthew 26:26-28; I Corinthians 11:23-29. Holy Communion is also an expression of Christian unity in God’s Word: Romans16:17; I Corinthians 1:10; I Corinthians 10:16-17
- – We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life, conforming to the image of Christ: I Peter 1:2; John 14:26.
- – We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that heaven and hell are real, and they that are saved by grace though faith unto the resurrection of life (heaven) and they that are lost to unbelief unto eternal damnation (hell): Matthew 25:46; John 14:1-3; Revelation 20:15 .
- – We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ: John 10:16; Ephesians 2:19-22; Ephesians 4:3-6; Romans 12:4-5.
[thim-testimonials title=”What People Say” limit=”50″ item_visible=”3″ autoplay=”true” mousewheel=”” link_to_single=””]